Saturday, July 31, 2010

SURPRISEl!!!!!........week 63

8:10 AM Saturday July 31, 2010

My P-day has changed and I will tell you why later...but if you get this message soon, write me a letter today instead of Monday because I wont be reading my mail until next Saturday.
Thanks. love ya.

Elder Grant Russell


Saturday 2:06 PM
So it has been quite the change this week for me...not only am I writing Saturday, I am now the new financier for the mission Managua South. It has been a really big change of pace and work but I am willing to do whatever the Lord wants me to do. I feel it will be a challenge for me because I am not very familiar with finances and the other challenging part is that I will now have very little time in the field. I am sure Tyler could relate to that. Being in the office, I am now closer to the President and his family and it has been nice to get to know him more. I now live in the office's house with the President's assistants and the other financier that is training me and the general secretary.

If you remember well, my first area in the mission was Montserrat but they took me out after only a month because of a few emergency changes. That is when I went to Las Colinas. The Lord has a purpose for everything but it has been interesting to see His hand in all of this. In those changes they changed the office area to Montserrat and now being the financier I am back in the same area. I feel like I am back to finish what I couldn't finish before. But now I know how to help the people more. I am excited about that. But what they tell me, I am going to be here for a while because President Monestel wants the secretaries and financiers to be here for a while. We will see what happens. I had to drive the other night and I felt like I was in Driver's Ed all over again. The driving is different than that in peaceful Medford Oregon. The roundabouts are CRAZY and confusing. I think I start every car ride praying and all the passengers finish praying too. That is one quick way to get people to do their daily prayers. Maybe I should load the investigators in the truck too and maybe they will progress faster ha ha.

The last week in Las Palmas was a blessing and it was extremely difficult for me. I had grown to love the people there. I had seen so many miracles that I could help but thank the Lord for all the wonders that He let me experience. I feel like I need to increase my faith to accept this assignment with all of my heart even if it might mean not being so close to the people. In the long run, I know that this is going to be an experience that I need. I pray that all of us can have the faith to accept the Lord's will and to work with all of our heart might mind and strength. I will do so!

Elder Grant Russell