Monday, January 18, 2010

Continued Miracles in Matagalpa........week 36

Buenos Días familia de Matagalpa!

We have truly seen miracles here in Matagalpa. This week was one of the greatest weeks of my mission I think. I feel like I have a spiritual high despite the challenges and difficulties we have been having.

Monday we spent the majority of our Pday working planning for a mini MTC in our District. The youth in Matagalpa participated and helped us all weekend with the missionary work. They had name tags and all and they even had classes and instruction by missionaries and return missionaries. It turned out to be a very good experience for them…but it sure was frantic this week planning for it.

With that activity and a trip to Managua Thursday, we lost a lot of precious time with the investigators. But we tried to make it up. We have continued to talk to Jose Omar about baptism and he is getting closer to his baptismal date. He has had some difficulties with the word of wisdom and the law but we are helping him so that he can receive a remission of his sins. We also continue to work with a lot of less active families. We talked with one less active family this week about the church and they ended up coming this weekend along with several others that had not come in years. It was such a joy to see them in church, enjoying the messages and feasting on the word. I love missionary work.

This week we met a man named Edgar that had come to church previously. He really liked the meeting Sunday and we have already put a baptismal date with him. He has a few challenges with coffee like most Matagalpinos but nothing too big that the Lord cant handle. We should have two or so baptisms this week, finally haha.

We also met several new people this week as the spirit directed us to their houses. As I walked by one house this week, the spirit told me to contact the house. We found a man that had previously been taught by the missionaries and now we are teaching him and he is really interested. That same day the spirit had directed us to the house of a less active and we found 6 new investigators there as well.

In our zone conference this week in Managua, I had a serious change come over me. In the mission I have been focused in every way. However, there was always something that was lacking. I hadn´t turned my heart over to the Lord yet. I was in two places at once. As the President talked about working with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, I pondered about my own service and what I wanted to get out of it. I repented of my weaknesses and I promised the Lord to work like He would have me do. I signed a contract, physically and spiritually with the Lord that I would work like a true disciple. Behind that contract you can see read the Fellowship of the Unashamed and can see a picture of Jesus Christ. See the blogspot site of the mission…

http://mision-nicaragua.blogspot.com/

I left that conference better and different. I really want to serve the Lord. I love Him.

Sunday we had a good attendance in church but the biggest miracle was that in the old church building that normally seats about 100 there were 160. The mission president was in the meeting and he announced a new chapel for the members there after 37 years. It was an emotional and monumental day for the members in Matagalpa. We ask for your prayers and all the family´s prayers this weekend as 2 area seventies come to evaluate the church here and see if it is ready to be a stake. I am kind of nervous but we are preparing well.

I am so grateful for all of you and I hope that the Lord continues to bless you for all that you do.

P.S. Got my package. Thanks. Liked the candy but now I have a headache. ha ha. My companion was thrilled.