Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009........MTC day 1

13 de Mayo

Querida Familia,

I am so excited to be here at the MTC serving as a missionary. Upon arriving, I was a little bit nervous. While I am still anxious and overwhelmed by all that has happened in the last few days (and hours), I know that I will have the strength of the Lord to overcome any short coming that I have. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I can’t wait to serve him. I have been put in a district with 4 other native Spanish speakers. One is from La Paz, Bolivia; two are from Mexico; and one has grown up in the U.S. My companion Elder Garay is from Mexico but has lived in the U.S. for a lot of his life. Each has a unique story and two are converts. Their spirit and testimony are truly inspiring and make me want to be a better missionary and servant of the Lord.

As for now, I bid you all farewell. I love you all and hope the best for you. I pray for you’re and know the Lord will bless you!

Love Elder Russell

P.S. I leave the 9th of June if everything goes well. I think it is that Wednesday morning.

Hasta luego!