Sunday, March 13, 2011

Repentence and Sincere prayer........week 95

Well family,

I have very little time to write. Everything has been going well here. It is just busy. I can´t believe another week has gone by already. The work in the area is still progressing. We had a family baptism this week. We have been teaching Eliza and Jon Kevin now for a month and she was baptized to complete the small, young family. She is expecting her first child already. It has been good to her conversion to the gospel.

We also continue to work with other families. Santos and Lizet are doing great! They both attended the baptism. It felt good to see them there. We had a very special lesson with them the night before. They had both fallen into their bad habits. She drank coffee and he smoked after having dropped them for two weeks. We talked about the repentance process and the importance of changing completely. We may have said things pretty strongly in their small, humble home but the spirit was there. Up until then, Lizet had been the only one to profess she had received an answer about the restoration. Santos always just changed the subject when we asked him about his prayer. But Saturday when Jon Kevin was going into the baptismal font with Eliza, Santos leaned over and whispered something to my companion. “I prayed,” he said. “How did you feel?” my companion replied. “Really good,” he responded.

God answers prayers. He cares about his children. He wants us to repent…sincerely. He honestly feels sad when we sin. He forgives and forgets when we truly repent.

I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It heals me daily. I feel like in this time of my mission, the Lord is helping me understand this much better. I have come to trust more in the healing power of the Atonement. I have powerful personal prayer. It helps me get by every day.

I love you all and I pray for you. May the lord bless you always. Pray unto him with all energy of your heart so that he might lift both your spirit and heart from your bended knees. We reach our highest heights when we lower ourselves humbly to our knees.
Elder Russell