Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas........week 84

Well family,

It was great to talk to you all. It was short but great to feel of your love and support and to hear your voices.

I am thankful for this Christmas season. I have been feeling better this Christmas Season than in any other time in my life. I think it is amazing that despite our distance, the difference in the culture and people, the different food, etc, I can feel the same spirit of Christmas. It asks us to love one another. It asks us to serve and be an example to the believers. It asks us to be a little more like the Christ who saved us all.

This week we were busy with conferences. I think it was the most tiring week of the mission. But I have felt the promise of the Priesthood fulfilled in that I have had a renewal of my body and spirit by magnifying my calling. While I was filling up water balloons in the wee hours of the night I asked myself if the Lord was happy with my sacrifice. I asked myself when the food was served, the games were planned, etc. if what I was doing was His will. A sweet feeling came. It was a special week.

I think about the simple Nativity in which many people were gathered to worship their King. Were the humble shepherds any less important than the later visiting kings from the orient who brought extravagant gifts of great value? In my opinion, Christ could have cared less about the frankincense and gold. He didn't care so much about being born in a stable either. It doesn't matter so much what gift we give the master for Christmas so much as we are there at his feet offering the best thing we can. I have offered my life as a sacrifice for him. I might not offer much but I do my best so that He will accept my gift. He is the Savior of the World, the only Begotten of the Father. He is the man who saved us all! I honor and praise His holy name.

Thank you family for being such great examples. May this Christmas day be one of peace and tranquility! May the Savior´s sacrifice and love towards all of us be shown upon our faces and our actions. I love you. May God bless you and may you all have a Merry little Christmas.

Elder Grant Russell