Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas has already come.......week 32

Dear Family,

Well, this is going to be one of my shortest letters for sure because it almost seems pointless to write you all when we will be talking this week for Christmas.

This week has been very interesting and difficult for me. I have been struggling with my area and I feel like so many trials are coming in my life. The good thing is that I have been able to have the help of the Lord this week a ton. My companion is doing well and we are getting along better but he has been feeling sick the last few days. Oh the joys of being new in the mission ha ha.

We worked really hard this week to activate a few families and it was a success on Sunday to see a few of them in church. We had many miss church from the week before so the attendance was about the same.

This week we had a mission activity but it wasn´t as delightful as it might have been. The president told us that he wasn´t happy with the mission right now because we aren´t baptizing and the attendance is down as a whole. Right now I am passing through tough times and I need evermore the help of the Lord. I was able to help out with a Christmas activity this Sunday in Managua with piano and I got to see several of my recent converts. I found out that many of the people I had left in my area in Las Colinas are going to be baptized and have already been baptized in some cases. I felt so grateful to my Heavenly Father to know that I had been able to help His children in that part of Nicaragua and my thoughts and heart turns to the hearts here in Matagalpa.

I would just like to bear my testimony that I know that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ. He leads us and blesses us with peace as we keep His commandments. I will strive to do my best and be the best servant of Him I can be while I am here in Nicaragua.

Elder Grant Russell